(Top posting because my response is general -- signature at end)

I use Ubuntu rather than Fedora but your problem sounds to me like an issue with permissions to access some file since things work with sudo and not without sudo. I would search the computer for "RANDR" for starters. I don't know where to look for installed extensions used by LO. Maybe someone else can chime in with a useful remark or two.