>> 1.2 Section
>> 1.1.15 Subsection
>>
>> I created the former with MyHeading2 and the latter with MyHeading3.
>> Why Libre Office does not take into account that I am already past
>> 1.2? Is there a tricky setting that makes this?
>
>     Perhaps you are using too many heading styles; you probably only
> need one. In the above example, try this. Place the cursor at the end of
> the line "1.2 Section". Use the Enter key to create a new line after it.
> If it does not have the MyHeading2 style, select this style for this
> line. Then use the Tab key. This should create 1.2.1 in this line.
>     If you create all the heading numbering you want in the Options tab
> of your highest heading style, probably MyHeading, you can use the Tab
> to go down one level of the outline each time you type the Tab key.
> Shift+Tab will go up one level.
>     Hopefully, this will make some sense.

Going to the end of the previous heading and pressing Enter works, but
I have a long text already and I would like to correct the headings in
place. Why it does not work? If I go after 1.1.1 to the next heading
and make it MyHeading2 so I use one less Heading style, and press the
right arrow on the heading icon row, it changes to 1.2.1. I do not
understand the logic behind this. Or, is this a straight bug?

- Gergely