This email didn't show up in the digest or in archive so I'm sending it
again.  If it did appear and I can't find it, I apologize in advance.
---
Hi all.

I've noticed some strange behaviour with LO 3.5 & LO 3.5.1.2 that I
installed this morning.  I was using Base and since I had some
difficulties and slow processing I followed a discussion on how to get
Java memory increased and also select different Java versions.  Before
this, I didn't worry about it.  I am running LO on OSX 10.6.8

I've googled but not found anything to help so far.

LO doesn't find any Java version except for one.

>From LO Preferences:Java
I have:

"Use Java Runtime environment" selected.
Java vendor: Apple Inc.
Version: 1.6.0_29

But from the terminal I get:
---quote---
$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_31"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_31-b04-411-10M3616)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.6-b01-411, mixed mode)
---end quote---

I want to run a more recent version and have more recent versions of
Java installed.

But I can't add the versions of Java RE installed in
Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines

I have OpenJava 1.7.0u.jre installed in Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines

Questions:
Why doesn't LO use the 1.6.0_31 version installed?

Why can't I select to run 1.7.0u.jre from Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines?

(I'm on Digest mode so could you also CC me on a reply)

Thank you in advance.