Thank you, Alex.

On 26.03.2012 5:16 , Alexander Thurgood wrote:
> Le 22/03/12 15:48, bunk3m a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>

>> > LO doesn't find any Java version except for one.
> I don't think it can anymore "automatically" (but I'm prepared to be
> proven wrong ;-)), at least not on Mac, the handling of the Java path
> was changed during 3.4.x or 3.5.x development, I seem to recall, because
> LO was having problems recognising the write system Java path.

That is too bad.  I'd like to use an updated Java since Apple is a bit slow
to update.

>> > I want to run a more recent version and have more recent versions of
>> > Java installed.
>> >
>> > But I can't add the versions of Java RE installed in
>> > Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines
>> >
>> > I have OpenJava 1.7.0u.jre installed in
Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines

>> > Questions:
>> > Why doesn't LO use the 1.6.0_31 version installed?
>> >
>> > Why can't I select to run 1.7.0u.jre from
Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines?

> Like I said, I think it has to do with the path changes introduced for
> Java recognition during 3.4/3.5 development (I don't exactly remember
> when this happened).
>
> The only thing I can think of is if you change your environment
> variables in your session bash profile or the corresponding session
> plist. You might then be able to force LO to take the Java version of
> your choice.

I checked my .profile and changed the Java_home to where the OpenJava
1.7.0u.jre is installed.
Now java -version shows the correct 1.7.0 version.

---quote---
java -version
openjdk version "1.7.0-u4-b13"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0-u4-b13-20120224)
---end quote---

LibreOffice 3.5.2 still shows the 1.6.0_29.   I can't get the Options:Java
to select the newer java 1.7.0 version.  I tried to "Add" and "Class Path"
but no luck.  Shouldn't this work?

While I understand that the automatic finding of java versions on the Mac
has been problematic and been discontinued, shouldn't I be able to use
"Add" or "Class Path" to add the OpenJava 1.7.0 version?

I think that since Apple has decided to stop providing Java and is leaving
it up to the vendor, then the default install place will change to
/Library/Java from /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines.   In that case
how will LO find a functioning recent version of java ????

> Alex

Thanks again for your help, Alex.

Cheers!
B.