My provider uses TLS on the SMTP server which is on port 25.

When I select that server from LO, check use SSL, type in user name and
password under server verification and the click on test settings I get
the window showing that it passed.

Are you sure TLS is not working? Or is my provider supporting both SSL
and TLS?

Ferry