On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 16:48 -0300, Preston Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to learn Base in LO 3.5.2.2 under Vista with all latest updates
>
> I start Base - then I follow the steps shown at
> http://sheepdogguides.com/fdb/fdb1tableone.htm
>
> The Base wizard starts; I click 'Create a new database' then 'Next'
>
> I say "Yes, please register database for me",  "Open for editing" and
> "Create tables using the table wizard"then click the "Finish" button.
>
> I get a "Save as" dialogue and select /Data Base Projects/FDB004 Phone
> Book/FDB004.odb
>
> And I get the Windows window that says
>
> "LibreOffice 3.5 has stopped working"
>
> I tried this process 3 times and each time I get the same message
>
> Help!!
>
> Thanks,
Howdy Preston

Well, I run that version under Vista without any problem.

Given your description, and assuming that the rest of the suite
functions properly for you, I'd guess it's a missing java configuration.

Start LibO - not Base, select
Tools>Option>Java
ensure that you have a java engine selected.

If there was not one selected, do so - close the options dialog and exit
the application - next startup you should be good to go.

HTH

//drew