Am 17.04.2012 11:34, ptoye wrote:

Andreas Säger wrote

Why can't you run SQL update queries? This is trivial to do in SQL. The
SQL is trivial to execute by macro.
If you desparately want a graphical query designer for
update/insert/delete queries, then you should write one and store your
queries somewhere in the .odb container.

Of course I can. If I can find out how to do it.

But this isn't the point, is it? The real point is that database front-ends
and macro languages are meant to make life easy, not difficult. You seem to
dislike "sugar" - worried about your diameter? The computer was made for
man, not man for the computer. Why not program in assembler - gives you much
more control and isn't really that hard (I speak from years of assembler
experience and with my tongue firmly in my cheek)?

-----

You get what you pay for. The rest is about community. Unfortunately, this office suite has more consumers and complainers than contributors. Regarding your remark on assembler code: A very high software stack imposes a new quality of problems that would be unknown on hardware level.

Fortunately, there is still the OpenOffice.org community:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/access2base
(which could be even more useful if someone would rewrite these Basic routines as a true extension of UNO-components)