From: Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurg...@gmail.com>
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: Problems importing an OO database into LO
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Wednesday, 18 April, 2012, 10:17

Le 17/04/12 11:28, Ian Whitfield a écrit :

Hi Ian,

While I might agree with your statements with regard to the integrated
use of HSQLDB, I would differ with regard to hooking up Base to various
server backends, which in my experience do work rather well on the
whole, albeit with tweaking, and are multi-OS compatible.

> LONG story short........ I have now moved my (re-built) Database on to
> Kexi - and what a difference!!!! It's like getting out of an old
> broken-down VW (or other make) of car and getting into a brand new
> Jaguar and driving down the highway at 100mph!! And I know what that
> feels like as I did just that last year in the UK!! Yes there is a lot
> to learn and work out but the overall effect is like Chalk and Cheese!!
>
> For anyone interested I can recommend this DB - some of the more fancy
> options are only due out in future releases but for a basic DB job it
> "just works"!!

Is it multi-OS ? Can you create a db/form/query in Kexi and give it to a
Windows, Mac or Solaris user  and then have that work ? If not, then it
is no better than Access, or Lotus Approach.

Alex