From: Tom Davies <tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Want code or name of the component in Writer
of LibreOffice that does doc, xls, ppt conversions to pdf
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Friday, 20 April, 2012, 8:30 PM

Hi :)
You could use LibreOffice in "headless mode", ie from a command-line without
opening LibreOffice at all.

Java is an increasingly vulnerable pile of mess with frequent updates in order
to overcome known threats that are "out in the wild" even before a version of
java gets released.  The last 3 versions, 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2 didn't even get
released before work started on the next one due to known threats and other
problems.

The LibreOffice project is trying to write-out any dependance on java in order
to avoid forcing people to install java.