From: Carlos Pita <carlosjosep...@gmail.com>
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Paragraph styles for list styles
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Thursday, 10 May, 2012, 3:45

Hi all,

I find this description in the documentation very misleading:

"""
Each of the list styles predefined in Writer has four associated
paragraph styles. For example, the
Numbering 1 list style is associated with four paragraph styles:
Numbering 1
Numbering 1 Cont.
Numbering 1 End
Numbering 1 Start
"""

In what sense list style "Numbering 1" is related to paragraph styles
"Numbering 1 *"? What one can see is that the N in paragraph styles
"Numbering N *" is related to indentation level and not intended for
working in tandem with the list style "Numbering N". One can use
paragraph style "Numbering 1" with any of the list styles, because
concerns seem to be completely orthogonal.

Can you clarify the relationship between paragraph styles "Numbering N
*" and list style "Numbering N"?

What scenarios are paragraph styles "Numbering N *" and "List N *" intended for?

Thank you a lot
--
Carlos