--- On Thu, 10/5/12, Gary Schnabl <gschn...@swdetroit.com> wrote:

From: Gary Schnabl <gschn...@swdetroit.com>
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Re: [libreoffice-users] Paragraph
styles for list styles
To: documentat...@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Thursday, 10 May, 2012, 9:28

These styles make up the set of paragraph styles for ordered and
unordered lists that date way back to version 1.x, but which never were
really explained much outside of the OOo/LO user guides. Also, the
factory-default formatting for these styles is not in general agreement
throughout the Ns (worse in OOo than in LO). They appear to be much
unlike the human appendix--somewhat useless in its original form but
which can be made useful.

I assume that the N was originally meant to refer to the level of
nesting of lists, which itself would almost always use indentation.
Because their factory-default formatting is somewhat inconsistent, their
parameters should be reformatted by the users (or template designers) in
order to be made to work better .

Gary