Firstly thanks very much for responding.

Sorry I should have said OpenOffice in my initial mail not StarOffice.

Not sure about BeanShell... I'm talking about using BasicOfficeBean.java
which is related to OfficeBean:

>From BasicOfficeBean.java:
/*
 * This class provides a basic functionality of the office bean.
 * The application developer can subclass from this class in order
 * to provide application specific methods.
 * This class was provided by OpenOffice.org
 */

I was wondering if it's ok to use this code for both OpenOffice and
LibraOffice - from your response I'm assuming it's ok since the code hasn't
changed...

The reason I was wondering is because BasicOfficeBean.java is giving
ThreadDeaths.

Maybe it's the way that the Next Generation Java Plugin terminates it.
BasicOfficeBean creates a thread (CommandConveyor) which I'm guessing is
terminated by the NG Plugin when the page changes. I'm looking at using
Applet param "legacy_lifecycle" which might avoid the ThreadDeaths - but I'm
not sure.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has ThreadDeaths with the NG Java Plugin
with BasicOfficeBean...

Thanks.