Dan Lewis wrote:

     Yes, you can link to a Base query with Calc. With Cal open, use the
F4 key to open the Data Source window. (You will have to register the
database before it will appear in this window.) The left side is the
name of the registered databases. Click the arrow in front of the
database to see that you can get data from from a table or query. When
you select one of these, its data appears in table form on the right
side.

--Dan

Dan,
Wow!  That worked fine.  Thanks.
However, I had to copy and paste the database data from the Data Source window into the Calc spreadsheet. Is there a way to dynamically get the current data to the spreadsheet so I don't have to cut and paste every time I have new data? If so, it would be a lot less error-prone (and easier). However, I can see that not being able to do so, is not a show-stopper for using Calc to do my reports. Note that the data copy, although it took a little time, was *much* faster than Report Builder! :-)
I am going to have to play with this some more...
Thanks very much.
Girvin