Good evening
I would ***LOVE*** to have a CONVENIENT function for jumping to the last
edit position.

I believe this and/or similar questions have been asked before:
http://ask.libreoffice.org/question/1144/cursor-position-not-saved-in-writer#1147

But this does not work.
I do have my personal data entered under Tools and yet the software
ALWAYS opens the document at the top.
Once I am working in the document, there is the "Navigator", but despite
of having all sorts of items/functions,
there is NONE, that would bring me back to the last position the cursor
was, when I was last editing the document.

Right now I am working on a 60-page document and it is really a nuisance
having to scroll (one way or other) through
dozens of pages to get back to that last editing position, once I left
it for whatever reasons.

In the past I used WordPerfect (not any more). This had a very
convenient function called "quick mark".
Every time you save the document (Ctrl+S), the software automatically
enters a mark and you can jump to that position
from whereever you are with a keyboard shortcut.

Although under Tools -> Customize -> Keyboard -> Navigate
there are millions of things you can choose to go to, but nowhere
something like "last (edit) position".
You CAN insert a bookmark and then jump to that bookmark, but to my mind
this is a rather clumsy way of
achieving what was so elegant in Wordperfect.

Is there a trick to it?
Something that would make this action quick and easy (preferrably
automatic)?

Thank you.