From: Thomas Blasejewicz <tho...@s7.dion.ne.jp>
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: last edit position
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Thursday, 21 June, 2012, 4:00

Good morning

(2012/06/20 5:48), Pedro wrote:
> Hi Tom ;)
>

> Tom wrote
>> I don't think it really matters what goes into the user info for the
>> file.  It might work even if it's just a couple of spaces.  It's a bit
>> weird that anything needs to be in there but i'm sure the devs will fix it
>> one day.
>>
> You are missing the point ;) There is no bug. In fact it works perfectly and
> the way it works makes perfect sense.
>
> There are only two limitations (at least under Windows...) that make this
> feature less perfect:
I noticed something else:
1) When I edit -> close -> reopen a file in "Print Layout", the cursor is upon
opening the file at the last edit position.
2) When I switch with the file open to "Web layout", the cursor jumps to the
top of the document
3) When I open the same file as under (1) in "Web Layout", the cursor is at the
top of the document.

So, this would suggest, that I work always in print layout, but I have my
reasons why I often prefer the web layout.
Is there anywhere a setting where I can modify how LO behaves when I work in
web layout?
I would love to see the "perfect sense" also working in web layout.

If there is, I assume it would solve the problem without going through the
trouble of recreating my user profile.
If the problem is caused originally by Print/Web Layout differences, will
probably not help anyway.
Or am I wrong again?