Hi all,

I've Googled and also searched the mailing list archives but can't find a
solution to this that works for me.

Opened a word document and saved (copy) as odt. I'm heavily editing the
file and have come across a couple of 'fields' in the footer that I can't
edit or delete. Attempting to delete, or delete the text, results in a
pop-up saying that you can't delete read-only portions of the document.

These were originally fields in the word document. Showing 'field names'
in LibreOffice doesn't show any names for these 2 fields. I know one of
them was referencing a cell in a table on the 1st page - something we have
not been able to replicate in OO in the past. They're obviously fields
that OO/LO can't deal with. I'm not concerned about being able to
replicate the field - I'm happy to simply delete the field and hard-code
the text, but I can't even do that!?!

Any ideas on how to remove these 'read-only' fields?

TIA
Regards,

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer