On 06/27/2012 04:32 PM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:
> On 06/27/2012 07:15 PM, NoOp wrote:
>
> LO is the only package that will not print duplex with the Artisan
> printer.  ALL other packages that print use Ubuntu's menu system for the
> printer.  LO seems to use their own.
>
> But, LO will duplex with the HP laser printer.
>
> SO
> if it is the drivers, and not LO, then tell my why it is only LO that
> give me this problem?

I don't have to tell you anything. I'm offering a suggestion based upon
my newly discovered issue with Ubuntu 12.04 & an Epson Workforce 635. If
you are going to get snotty about it, then you can PO... I've better
things to do with my time.

. Printing from LO now that I've resolved my issue:
File|Print|General|click printer|click 'Properties'|Paper:Duplex:On'
works for me. Previously all options to select Two-Sided/Duplex were
greyed out. YMMV with your printer.

> Thunderbird, Firefox, and other packages that use the Ubuntu printer
> menu all will duplex just fine for the Artisan, but LO will not.

That wasn't clear to me in the OP.

> I have not tried duplexing with the Ubuntu 12.04/MATE laptop, but I
> rarely use it with anything that needs printing.
>
> This is the driver that I use with 10.04 since I needed to install it
> manually, but 12.04 went after its own.
>
> "epson-inkjet-printer-stylus-photo-px810fw-series_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb"

And that is the driver you select in your print setup? (it's a basic
question as some click the first/only driver and don't bother to check
to see if they are actually selecting the individually installed driver
- or select the gutenprint etc. Anyway it's worth a double check).