On 07/16/2012 02:58 PM, Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi Tom,

Tom Davies schrieb:
Hi :) I am pretty sure that Date is an Sql data-type, just like
double or text but perhaps it got tweaked-off somewhere in the
embedded HsqlDb?

This is not about HSQL but about Basic.

Andrew is almost never wrong and Regina is never wrong so i'm at a
loss about this atm.

There are lot of areas, where I likely wrong. And in Basic I'm sure no expert.

I have looked a little bit into the code. It seems, that a Basic type 'date' is the same as com::sun::star::bridge::oleautomation struct Date.
But I do not find, where the conversion to string happens.

Kind regards
Regina

I know that I can use a SQL Date type, but the regular Date type behaves like a double in every case that I have tested.... Note that I cannot say that I have tested some of the odd cases such as setting the date a day or two before some big jump based on date changes in history. I have special routines to convert between the SQL struct. I just did not expect a Basic Intrinsic Date to convert to a string. I expected it would auto-convert to Double on return.

If the Basic internals is using a struct rather than a Double as I thought, then it makes much more sense that it would convert to a string.

I think that I need to document the behavior.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php