If you're referring to it getting hung-up, then this has happened to
me a few times -
           my solution is to shut it down -> clear out the caches [CCleaner
is good] -> re-start the computer;
               when it re-starts, OO/LO works great again.

       One of the problems with OO/LO is its immense size; if there were
some way to reduce its size then this might not occur, but then it might
not be as good a program as it is  ;-)

       Mine is not caused by 'calling home or anywhere' since my machine
only allows 'cookies', etc. which I accept and only at the time I accept
them; in fact, each time I've tested my machine, it's invisible to these
robotic eyes  :-)

I'm running LibreOffice 3.4.6 OOO340m1 (Build:602) on Debian Squeeze.