yes, Andrew, it works that way ...
           but I don't want to complete the PP then select the font-color;
              I want to see each slide finished before going on to the next
one.

       With each font, the placement & size changes, therefore by waiting
until after the PP is completed before choosing the font would mean I'd
have to re-do each slide again to be sure the placement was just so.  That
method is even more time consuming.
           [this probably explains why so many PPs look messy, with the
lettering catawampus, the pictures skewed, ... ]

       BTW FYI - right below the timing button, is the apply to all button.

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 9:53 PM, Andrew Brager <apb3...@bak.rr.com> wrote:

On 7/25/2012 6:30 PM, anne-ology wrote:

> [...]
>

> Note: I have not tested this with color, just fonts.
>
> Be advised this is NOT the best way to design your presentation. The
> experts here (which I'm not) recommend (and I have no argument with them)
> that the best way to change fonts and other attributes is through the use
> of styles.
>
> You should be aware that manually changing fonts as described above
> SUPERSEDES styles.  In other words, you can change the style attributes all
> you want, if you've already manually changed the font, styles will have no
> effect.  To get styles to work again, you need to select the text and click
> on the FORMAT menu then select the DEFAULT FORMATTING menu item which is
> first on the list.  That will clear the above manual font changes and the
> styles should automatically start working.  This is probably the key to
> your style problems.
>
> Of course for you to see any style changes you have to first change the
> style attributes.  Ask if you don't know how to do that.
>

>          These details are added for you, Dan, although it works/doesn't
>> work
>> the same no matter what other styles I've chosen, either initially or as I
>> add the new slides.
>>
>>         Andrew, I think you're the only one who understands to what I'm
>> referring; thanks.
>>

> Yeah, I hear that a lot. :-\
>
> To those that can do something about it:  I've noticed there are some
> confusing aspects.  For one thing, right clicking on text brings up a menu
> that has a "styles" item.  Those styles refer to what is elsewhere called
> "font effects".  For example "strikethrough", bold, italics, etc.  This can
> be confusing to a beginner.  In the "normal" tab, right clicking shows a
> menu item called "edit style".  In the "outline" tab that item appears to
> become "presentation object".  There are other similar confusing and
> inconsistent items related to this.  Someone really needs to sit down and
> take a good look.
>

>> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Dan <elderdanle...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>       Could we be more detailed in this thread, please? I don't know what
>>
>>> mean when you ask "So you're able to change the text on all the slides?"
>>> What type of change are you talking about? Are you talking about changing
>>> the font of the text on all the slides?
>>>       You have not even stated what style you have applied to your text.
>>> Nor have you stated what styles you are using in your slides. Nor have
>>> you
>>> described what layout you have selected from the Layout section of the
>>> Task
>>> Pane. Please give us some details.
>>>       I was using styles in Impress before OOo 2.0. For all layouts which
>>> have a title "box" at the top of the page, LO and AOO apply the Title
>>> style
>>> listed in the Presentation styles list. Modifying this style modifies all
>>> the titles in all the slides at the same time. You have a copy of my
>>> show. Change one of the styles in the Title style and look at the titles
>>> in
>>> all the styles. For example, in the Font Effects tab, change the font
>>> color. This will change the font color for every slide title in the
>>> presentation. What I have described is how Impress has worked for