On Sat, 2012-07-28 at 08:35 -0700, Lynne Stevens wrote:

> omega
>       The
> Omega sector
> America's Last
> Line of
> Defense
>
> *That sounds like they will be merged ! . . They are to remain separate
> and the "B" file is to be used for a mailing thing after it has the
> duplicates removed . . the mailing thing I have figured out and what
> fields/columns to use ! !

Hi Lynne, others

First - do you want to do this here or on the Ubuntu forums.. :)

If this where a relational database and two tables (with the same
columns structure) then it is a simple MINUS function:

SELECT * FROM TABLE1
MINUS
SELECT * FROM TABLE2

That statement will return all records in TABLE1 that are not also in
TABLE2.

However you have here 2 CSV files, and one of those files IIRC has a
column with a different name.

I don't thin you told folks here about how you are getting the data.

Andreas may have a good way to do that completely in Calc (he is much
better at Calc then I ever will be)

However is this is something you will need to do on a continuing basis
(with new CSV files arriving from time to time) then I would set this up
under Base and attach the two CSV files as TEXT tables. With that done,
then you can use the MINUS command.

It's a little bit of work to set up the connection, but one done you can
reuse it just by overwriting the source files with the data as need.

//drew