On 07/30/2012 02:04 AM, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> I'm trying to use this command to create a pdf file from an .odt file
> but its failing for some reason.
>  libreoffice --headless --invisible --convert-to pdf test.odt
>
> Can anyone help me in getting it to work please, as its needed for a
> bash script.

What version of LO?

For 3.3.4:
libreoffice --headless --invisible -convert-to pdf test.odt

Note the single dash (-) before 'convert'. It I use --convert I get an
error. Also, the process doesn't terminate properly & I have to use
Ctrl-c to get it to quit.

For 3.5.x:
libreoffice --headless --invisible --convert-to pdf test.odt
or in my case:
/opt/libreoffice3.5/program/soffice --headless --invisible --convert-to
pdf test.odt
works w/o issue.