Are you sure you want to use that particular font? ...
          a different one might give you the look you desire, or you could
change the size of the super-/sub-scripts ...

       I've found that's the only way to get fonts to behave the way I want
them to so do ...
          for the comments pertaining to my questioning of this, see
re-set the font style each time.  Yes, this is frustrating, but  ???

I just found that under format->character->position, I can manually change