Le 14/09/12 12:25, Richard Quadling a écrit :

Hi Richard,

> I need to be able to double click the file and have it open in Libre
Office
> Calc. Even if it has to ask me to choose the delimiter to process it with.
>
> I've no idea if this is possible. On Windows, I'd associate .tsv with Excel
> and all would be "just done".

Select a TSV file with the trackpad/mouse, then press Cmd-I, this will
bring up the properties dialog of the file.

You will see a dropdown list box called "Open with...". Choose the app
that you want to open this file with.

Now click on the Change/Apply to all button underneath the dropdown
list. That should propagate the change system-wide. Beware though, that
even this doesn't always work, especially if you have several programs
that are capable of reading the file type.

> I can't even find Calc for LibreOffice, only the LibreOffice.app in my
> Applications directory - again, this may be me - I'm VERY VERY new to Mac
> and the differences are sometimes confounding.

Calc can be launched directly from a Terminal with the following command
(adapted to the installation path of your LO installation) :

/Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/MacOS/soffice --calc

or alternatively :

open -a LibreOffice.app --args --calc

Alex