Hi :)
Ok, this is probably not what you are looking for but just to clear the idea
out of the way ... Can you just open the google-docs spreadsheet and save it
onto your computer?  Then just double-clicking on it should open it in Calc.

Google-docs uses the same native format as LO but both can save as .xls or
.xlsX (MS formats) and Google-docs might do that by default.  If Google-docs
does that instead of saving in native .odS then you can probably choose
"OpenDocument Format" from Google-doc's "Save As ... " menu.  Double-clicking
on the .ods almost definitely opens the file in Calc.

Alternatively if it has saved as .xls or .xlsX then right-click the file and
choose "Open With" and then try to find Calc or LibreOffice in that menu.  This
approach is slightly different in different OSes but is roughly the same in all
except Apples.

A similar alternative is to open Calc (or just LibreOffice) and then drag&drop
the file onto it.  This approach will definitely work whatever format it's in
unless something really weird is going on in which case tells us and we might
be able to figure it out.

However i have a feeling that you don't want to download the file at all and
just want LO to dynamically read the Google-docs spreadsheet while other people
are editing the google-docs spreadsheet.  If so then i think there is a far
better answer but it involves using Base at your end and having a proper
database on a server somewhere.

So, the question is do you want to do this with static data (as in my first 4
paragraphs), or dynamically changing data?