I've noticed this to be the case for quite a while - not just in LO
;-(

       There's only one way I know to get around this quirk -
            rather than 'copy image', 'save' image to the computer -->
               upload from there to the document -->
                  return to the computer and delete the file  ;-)

Maybe I've done something terribly wrong but if our users do a Google