Hi :)
Hopefully someone more experienced will give a decent answer but until then it
might be worth acquiring Andrew Pitonyak's Macro Guide
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#Programmers

There are a few chapters and things in official documentation (and therefore
free) but i suspect you have already gone through those.