At 08:14 15/10/2012 -0700, C V Alkan wrote:
I'm using Writer on two different machines/Operating Systems and have copied the main fonts I use to both, but every now and then a situation arises where LibreOffice makes a substitution for a font that I overlooked, causing subtle (usually, but not always) changes in the document layout.

Is there some way to list all of the fonts (not styles, since I don't want to wade through each to see what fonts they need) in use in a particular document?

This is just a guess, but try File | Export as PDF... to create a PDF version of your document. Open this in your favourite PDF reader, which should be able to tell you which fonts have been embedded. Does that give you a reliable list?

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker