Hi :)
You can turn off the Quickstarter more permanently by

Tools - Options - Memory
and untick the tick-box at the bottom of the page there.

Alternatively i think you can just delete it from the start-up menu but you
kinda have to know how to do that sort of thing in your particular OS to try
that route.  It's better to just switch it off in LO or, as Joel says just
switch it off as a one-time-only just to let you do the upgrade.