On 10/31/2012 06:57 AM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:
> On 10/30/2012 07:52 PM, avidscavenger wrote:
>> Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>> I am currently using LibreOffice 3.6.3 from the Debian experimental
>> repository. I just updated from version 3.5.4 from the Debian unstable
>> repository to see if it would make a difference (it didn't). Debian doesn't
>> package the Graphite fonts so I have downloaded and installed them from
>> http://numbertext.org/linux/
>>
>> I have tried other methods for generating PDFs - both CUPS-PDF and
>> Print-to-file. These methods produced PDFs that looked the same but had no
>> text encoding - ie not searchable or text-selectable.
>>
>> The printed version is perfect in every case. My concern is to generate a
>> PDF that both looks perfect and is searchable.
>>
>> I am attaching the relevant files following Tom's instructions.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Jonathan
>>
>> test.odt <http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4016027/test.odt>
>> test.pdf <http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4016027/test.pdf>
>>
> Sorry but I cannot get the results you have.
> I use 3.5.7 from LO's site and the fonts are from "wherever" since I do
> not know if I got them from LO or from some other source.

LibreOffice 3.5.7.1
Build ID: 3fa2330-e49ffd2-90d118b-705e248-051e21c

Version 3.6.2.2 (Build ID: da8c1e6)

Both linux (.deb versions).

$ apt-cache policy fonts-linuxlibertine
fonts-linuxlibertine:
  Installed: 5.1.3-1
  Candidate: 5.1.3-1
  Version table:
 *** 5.1.3-1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
$ apt-cache policy ttf-linux-libertine
ttf-linux-libertine:
  Installed: 5.1.3-1
  Candidate: 5.1.3-1
  Version table:
 *** 5.1.3-1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
$ apt-cache policy texlive-fonts-extra
texlive-fonts-extra:
  Installed: 2009-10ubuntu1
  Candidate: 2009-10ubuntu1
  Version table:
 *** 2009-10ubuntu1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/main i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Libertine G and Biolinum G fonts have been bundled with LO since LO 3.3:

<https://www.libreoffice.org/download/3-3-new-features-and-fixes/>

I extract the
"http://www.numbertext.org/linux/e7a384790b13c29113e22e596ade9687-LinLibertineG-20120116.zip";
file that the OP refers to <http://numbertext.org/linux/>, and find that
the fonts are .ttf. They are the same one's that are bundled with LO:

$ ls /home/gl/tempdir/testing/LinLibertineG
ChangeLog             LinBiolinum_R_G.ttf     LinLibertine_R_G.ttf
origfiles
doc                   LinBiolinum_RI_G.ttf    LinLibertine_RI_G.ttf   README
GPL.txt               LinLibertine_DR_G.ttf   LinLibertine_RZ_G.ttf   src
LICENCE.txt           LinLibertine_RB_G.ttf   LinLibertine_RZI_G.ttf
LinBiolinum_RB_G.ttf  LinLibertine_RBI_G.ttf  OFL.txt

$ locate LinBiolinum_R_G.ttf
/opt/libreoffice3.5/share/fonts/truetype/LinBiolinum_R_G.ttf
/opt/libreoffice3.6/share/fonts/truetype/LinBiolinum_R_G.ttf

$ locate LinLibertine_R_G.ttf
/opt/libreoffice3.5/share/fonts/truetype/LinLibertine_R_G.ttf
/opt/libreoffice3.6/share/fonts/truetype/LinLibertine_R_G.ttf

Perhaps I'm missing the 'graphite' bits? When I follow the instructions
in <http://numbertext.org/linux/fontfeatures.odt> everything matches.