Hi :)
I think i had a similar problem last week on Windows.  The next time i tried
pritning it did collate but i have no idea why it didn't work or why it
magically startedd workign again.  I thought it was just me stuffing-up that
one time.

So, it's interesting to hear it might be an intermittent problem.  I take it
that this is the first time that collating has not worked?  Did work previously?