OK, 3 people suggested cancel. I tried that , then restarted LO and, lo and behold, it bypassed the recovery routine. I'm assuming it will work this way even after rebooting, so I think my question has been solved. Thank you so much everyone.

Carl

On 1/10/13 7:13 PM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:

I have not had the problem with 3.6.4, but when I did, "Cancel" sometimes worked and sometimes did not.

On 01/10/2013 07:03 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
Have you tried the "Cancel" button when you get that recovery dialogue pop-up box? Cancel usually clears them. I often find that documents it worries might have been corrupted are actually completely fine.

________________________________
From: Kieran Peckett <crazyske...@gmail.com>
To: cpaul...@alumni.middlebury.edu
Cc: "users@global.libreoffice.org" <users@global.libreoffice.org>
Sent: Thursday, 10 January 2013, 21:55
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] crash recovery odd behavior

On 10/01/2013, Carl Paulsen <carlpaul...@comcast.net> wrote:
LO crashed ( I think I ran out of battery on my laptop) with 3 documents open. When re-opening some time later, 3 documents failed recovery. I had probably trashed the files b/c I didn't need them any more, but not
sure.  In any case, these 3 files keep coming up as having been
improperly closed every time I open LO. They of course fail each time.
I've looked for a setting to clear out the list of files that crashed,
but can't find it.

Is this by design?  If so, can I somehow clear out the file list so it
opens normally?

Thanks,
Carl
--