Hai Andrew,

Most probably the linespacing is reduced to fit the text in the textbox.

If you click somewhere on the text and then press escape you'll see a hatched
border (or in some versions only 6 little blue squares) to indicate the textbox
your text is a part of.

Put the cursor over that border (or one of the squares) and with the right
button of your mouse select one of "Text...", "Size and position..." or
"Paragraph...". All these dialogs contain settings that might influence this
behavoir. I suspect you have a setting in one of those that automatically
adjusts the linespacing or another property of the text so that is is made to
fit in the textbox. Try fiddling around with those 'til you find one that
satisfies your needs. Most descriptions are quite self-explaining, so I suspect
you'll find the right one quiet easily. If not, ask again and we'll try to help
you.

Grx HdV