Hi :)
I think recent word from MS is that they are not even going to do a version of
MSO 2013 for Mac let alone for Gnu&Linux.  I'm not sure why Ballmer would make
such a claim and i'm not sure i would trust it either.  There is bound to be a
Mac version in about a year.  Perhaps they are trying to push people into using
their equivalent of google-docs.