Hi :)
It's well worth trying the 4.0.0 at this point.  It is waaay before i would
normally try a new branch but it is well worth it.  Especially if you are
having trouble with the older branch.  The whole point of the older branch is
that it's supposed to be less hassle.  So, please try the newer one and see if
that works better.

Sorry, that's not the answer you want and hopefully someone else can give you a
better answer fairly soon but if bandwidth is not a problem and you don't have
a cap then 4.0.0 is well worth trying.