On 02/09/2013 04:21 PM, Jay Lozier wrote:
On 02/09/2013 03:07 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
I downloaded the .Deb for Ubuntu (and others) twice yday and tried
installing it as per instructions but when i tried running LibreOffice
from the command-line by typing in

libreoffice

I got an error message saying that LibreOffice couldn't run because i was missing a package called something like

libreoffice-common

when i looked through all the packages in the Deb and desktop integration
folders i found there was one!  I'm sure it's been there in previous
releases?!  However when i double-click on a docX or odt or anything
then LibreOffice 4 does successfully open it.

So, it's a bit weird but doesn't seem to be problem unless i try that odd way of opening LO in a way that i would never normally have tried unless i wanted to try to collect error reports and stuff (ie never).

Tom

I confirm the CLI libreoffice gives the error missing libreoffice-common run sudo apt-get libreoffice-common.

This was using LO 4.0 (direct download) and Mint 13 Maya. All the features have beens installed including help-pack and SDK

LO 4.0 does run when menu or file is clicked.

What is the CLI entry to run LO 4.0 in Linux I think is the question.

     Command line to run LO 4.0 (or earlier versions as well) in linux:
/opt/libreoffice4.0/program/soffice. (Note, you could use sbase, scalc, etc. instead of soffice.) When Ubuntu installs it version of LO, it puts a script that starts LO in Path$. So, if you want to use the command line, add /opt/libreoffice4.0/program to Path$. Then use sbase, scalc, sdraw, simpress, or soffice in the command line. Ubuntu will know what to do with it. What I do is to add a menu to the top panel. Within it, I have the icons (tools?) that will open the particular version of a program such as LO that I want. You have to edit the Applications menu first creating a new menu. Then add the new menu to the top panel. (There is a little more to do with this though.)
file:///home/dan/Screenshot%20from%202013-02-09%2017:23:50.png

--Dan