Hi :)
With most Gnu&Linux's LibreOffice is installed by default so you don't need to
install anything unless you really want to make life tricky and go for the
cutting-edge.  Some have OpenOffice instead but that is still fairly similar
and can edit pretty much all the same file formats.  (LO added a few extra ones
recently).  A few have Gnome Office or KOffice/Caligra but again they use the
same formats.

So, this thread is really only about getting the cutting-edge 4.0.0