On 12/02/2013, C. H. D. <webofht-libreoffice...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:
> Hello!
>

> Yes, my Microsoft Office is legal. (Just happened that many other people use
> it.)
>

> I think it is an interoperability issue.

If you are very concerned about interoperability, you should be
contacting m$ and ask them why they cannot open odf documents created
using LO. Have you done this?

> I searched the Internet and looked for documents randomly to test if
> LibreOffice can open them. This is the authentic test.

No, a more authentic test is to search for odf documents and compare
of LO and m$ opens these types of documents.

> If Microsoft Office opens the .doc files correctly, LibreOffice should also
> open them correctly.

No, LO is not a m$-clone. If LO opens the odt document correctly, m$
should also. Have you tested this?

> If Microsoft went bankrupt, what office suite would be able to handle
> thousands of .doc files?

Unlikely, but that is the fault entirely of the user that creates the
document in the m$ file format!!!

If LO, or any other odf-compliant software disappears, you can find
another. That is why you should be testing "interoperability" with odf
and not m$ formats.

> Then, the data in the .doc files would be lost if no other office suite was
> able to open them, I am afraid.

I hope that happens (but a small possibility).

> Not many people like converting .doc files into .odt files, I am afraid.

That is their choice. Start creating documents in odf!