Hi :)
Cool :) Thanks :)  So, time to post a bug-report?
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport

The only advantage with docX is that, like Odt, you can rename the file-ending
to zip and then dig out the pictures from the "images" folder.  It's a pain to
get the images back into the right place but hopefully all this might get
smoother in the future.

Perhaps install 3.6.3 alongside 4.0.0 or perhaps just stick with the more
stable branch for a bit longer and try the 4.0.x a bit later?