In article <bob-9bd879.13352227022...@news.gmane.org>,
 Robert Peirce <b...@peirce-family.com> wrote:

> Not quite.  Eliminating the preferences file allowed me to fire up
> LibreOffice once but then something causes it to hang.  There is
> something getting created on my computer that is causing this but I have
> no idea what it is or where to look!

I tried OpenOffice.  Same result.  In fact it looks like the same
program.  It must share code.

After years away, I decided to try NeoOffice again.  It cost $10 but
opened my LibreOffice spreadsheets and seems to work.  I guess I will
use it until I can figure out what the problem is with
LibreOffice/OpenOffice on my machine.

BTW, if I want to, I can connect to my computer from my wife's, open
LibreOffice there and access the spreadsheets on my machine.  That was
my fallback if NeoOffice didn't work.