Tom,

On 15 March 2013 10:50, Tom [via Document Foundation Mail Archive]
<ml-node+s969070n4043988...@n3.nabble.com> wrote:
> If it's just text then why not use the txt format?

Because it's text with limited bolding of some words.

> I'm not sure why your Odts are ending up so large.  Typically around 20-50Kb
> seems fairly normal for just a couple of pages.

The ODT's are not that big, but on z/OS I would have to create them as
the constituent XML files and those are huge!

> I feel i should apologise that MS never made the Rtf format OpenSource
> rather than proprietary and hid the format's specs so that other programs
> couldn't use it until years after each new release of it and then withdrew
> development of it after they lost their court case but MS is a 3rd party
> organisation and we have no control over what they do.

I don't think they're hidden any longer, and as for my problem, the
file I gave as an example is laughably simple, so don't blame M$ for
hidden specs. Writer should be able to import it correctly.

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins
robert(a)prino(d)org