Hi :)
Errr, this Nitro thing seems to be just a 3rd party product for reading/writing
Pdfs, which LibreOffice does very well on it's own.  It also seems to be able
to take scanned images (Ocr = Optical Character Recognition) and  convert into
editable Pdfs and allows editing words inside such Pdfs and others.  But you
have to buy it and there are a LOT of other 3rd party products out there that
do the same thing.  Foxit for example.  Do we know if Nitro is OpenSource or
proprietary?
Regards from
Tom :)

>________________________________

 Linux and doPDF for Windows.  Then
>>you do not need to print to paper to save the documents.
>>
>>Right now, I am promoting LO as a free alternative to MSO.  I want to
>>promote the abilities of using a free and open source package and not
>>rely on what type of packages and uses the giants companies tell the
>>users that the user want, and not really asking.  LO users ask for what
>>they need and our developers try to provide it.  MSO tell users that
>>there is a need for only a few supported languages, while LO is now at
>>about 100 languages and adding more every few months [it seems].
>>

>>As for paperless, or paper reduction in my home/office. . . .
>>
>>I personally print web pages to PDF before I make a paper copy, since
>>many sites do not print "properly" and there is a lot of pages "printed
>>in the PDF file that does not contain usable information.  At that point
>>I only print to paper
 the pages that has the needed data/information and