On 2013-03-25 16:44, Tim Lloyd wrote:
Hi, before I log this as a bug I would like to know whether anyone has seen it before/potential fix identified.

I normally use Fedora linux and I download (.XLS) share tables from a financial newspaper here in Oz. Yesterday I inadvertently clicked on the wrong table by accident and tried to open it. Calc locked up! No problem with the files I normally look at, Calc opened them fine.

So I tried again today and waited for an error - "LibreOffice 4.0.1.2 General input/output error". So I hopped over to the windows PC and tried LO portable. Same error. The error was repeated whether I tried to open directly from the website or if I saved to disk and then attempted to open the file. MS Excel has no problems.

The file in question is accessible using this link:

http://www.afr.com/share_tables/

Just click on the xls link next to "Warrant Market"

Any comments?

Cheers

Tim:

Thexls files are XML files with an xls file extension. Amaya, a xmleditor, bloats to nearly a 1 gig of memory, when this file is opened.

TomW