Hi everyone,

I just downloaded libreoffice 4 and installed it on a Mac (Lion) and Linux
(Ubuntu). On the Mac, everything works exactly as I expected, and I can
easily convert documents to pdfs using the command line tool like this:

/Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/MacOS/soffice --headless --convert-to
pdf sample.ppt

However, on Unbuntu, when I execute the equivalent command, it always fails
quickly and silently with exit code 77 (Permission denied).

/opt/libreoffice4.0/program/soffice --headless --convert-to pdf sample.ppt

This failure happens regardless of whether I am a regular user or superuser.
I am not running libreoffice via a user interface, and this command is being
executed on an Amazon EC2 headless machine.

Can someone offer any advice, either a method to get more error information
(such as a log file or a verbose flag) so I can figure out what's going on?
I'm sure it's a simple issue, but right now the lack of error reporting is
making it hard to get the issue resolved.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Graham