Hi :)
Perhaps a compromise?
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel

Have both! :)  Then when the 3.5.6 comes out you will be ready to test-drive it
straight away! :)  The 4.0.2 comes out soon too so it might be possible to find
an alpha-test version if you help with QA for a bit which might also be a good
way of getting something done about your problem more quickly.