On 29 April 2013 20:48, Virgil Arrington <cuyfa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> It pains me to watch people mouse around a document going from paragraph to
> paragraph trying to get formatting consistent when all they need to do is
> make one change to a paragraph style and "voila", every paragraph having
> that style is automatically changed. Just today, one of my students was
> stunned to watch that work. "You mean I don't have to make the same change
> to every paragraph?" she asked.

> There is a better way, and since a university pays me to teach students how
> to take advantage of modern technology, I feel it my duty to at least give
> it a college try to find a way to explain it to them.

Virgil, I think it is great that you are trying to show your students
a better way. I don't understand why there was an accusation (using
'Nazi' no less — that post seemed full of bitterness) that anyone was
trying to force anyone to use styles.

Styles are a better way, but some people are resistant to change,
preferring to use a word processor as if it were merely an electronic
typewriter. As the saying goes, 'you can lead a horse to water ....'

--
T. R. Valentine
Your friends will argue with you. Your enemies don't care.