On 2013-05-23 07:03, warnerwhite wrote:
I am running LO 4 in Ubuntu 13.04. I have used LO and OOO for years, but
suddenly my text styles have disappeared. RTF files that contain Text Body
lines, for example, just show a blank. The only text that appears are
Headings.

I tried AbiWord and the same thing happens there, only worse, just some
smears.

The files are ok. I can open them and see the Text Body lines from Windows
with LO and Word. And in another of my machines running Ubuntu I can open
them successfully, with full text--just not in my main machine.

Weird.

Seems like something in Ubuntu that LO depends on, but I don't know enough
about the innards to find it.

I recently had a lot of trouble getting LO to recognize my additional
fonts--in fact, I failed. I've always been able to do  that before. The
texts I've been testing with are in Arial.

I was having this trouble with LO 4.02; so I upgraded to 4.04. Same problem.

Hi.
Were you having this problem before LO4. I read in this list the LO4 drops compatibility for some document formats but don't know if RTF were a part of that.
Steve.