combination of wrong ways to do it seem endless ! In the end using only
postscript drivers for everything solved it for us.
Have fun

Tanstaafl , 30/5/2013 2:53 PM:
On 2013-05-30 9:33 AM, Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> I'm guessing here, but Microsoft Office has only one place to define
> page and paper size, I think, whereas LibreOffice has two: you define
> page size in Format | Page... but paper size at File | Printer
> Settings... (or elsewhere).  When you start your "new blank document",
> do you go to Format | Page... | Page | Paper Format and select an
> appropriate size?  If not, you are expecting LibreOffice to scale your
> printout automatically - or even to rotate it.

I guess I wasn't clear, but yes, of course, I went to Page > Format and
chose the appropriate setting (how else would I be able to confirm that
BOTH Letter AND Legal work as expected?)...

And yes, I have tried changing BOTH Page > Format AND File > Printer
Settings right after creating a new doc. Same bizarre results. Oh - and
changing File > Printer Settings is NOT required when changing between
Letter and Legal sizes.

But thanks for trying... :)