On Sat, 8 Jun 2013, Doug wrote:

On 06/08/2013 11:32 AM, Jay Lozier wrote:
On Sat, 08 Jun 2013 10:16:42 -0400, Tom Davies <tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

Hi :)
That point keeps coming up but it best said the other way around
80% of MSO almost never gets used.

/snip/

How many people know how to mail-merge?  Not as many as know how to use
bold!!

What the heck is a mail merge? I use Thunderbird, i wouldn't have any idea
how to do any kind of mail in a word processor. And I don't know why I'd ever
want to.--doug

not knowing what it is, it's understandable why you'd not know why you'd want to. <g>

you want to send mail (usually printed stuff) to 1000 individuals but personalized so each letter has the individual's name, address, perhaps a personal greeting like "good morning, doug!"

you can modify each letter by hand a thousand times or use mail merge.

I would love to do it, also for emails, but for my purposes I probably need to set up a database instead.

F.

--
Felmon Davis

Never make anything simple and efficient when a way can be found to
make it complex and wonderful.