Hi :)
I was trying to help get the nomail version so that no email would be delivered
to the person's email account.  That way he would be able to use Nabble as
though it really was a forum without getting tons of irrelevant emails.  Sadly
i think i misinterpreted what the "nomail" option does.

Forums are on the cards but as an addition to the lists.  Then people can
choose which method they prefer.  There already is something called "AskLO"
which is a modern re-imagining of what forums could be.
Regards from
Tom :)